Chaeto Slime

Claymundo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a dark looking slime, with bubbles growing in my refugium, it is going on the chaeto itself as well as the bottom glass. I have attatched pics although it's hard to see due to the darkness. I have had this chaeto growing for almost 6 months now and am just getting this issue.

20210218_110512.jpg 20210218_110500.jpg

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't really make out the colors of the slime in the pictures. But, check your parameters to see if your nutrients are a bit out of whack or if they have fluctuated greatly recently. It could be cyano forming on the chaeto with the extra growth light making it more prevalent.

I get cyano in my chaeto from time to time...I shut off my refugium grow light for a few days and it goes away.

Kinjirra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same issue...turned out to be cyano. Seemed like it tried to kill my cheato as it shrunk up and compacted. Freshwater RODI wash of the Cheato and cleaned my fuge helped that plus getting the cyano in check.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pull it out and give it a RODI bath rinse
Looks like some high nutrients it's absorbing that's why it's black. Nasty lol

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back