Chain link eel information

Onlymixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local fish store has a chain-link eel that is about the size of a full grown snowflake eel. I really like him and want to know what should I expect out of it being that size and it being a chain link eel how would it react to other fish like puffers and trigger and angles fish. Also are they like really aggressive or chill and would u recommend a chain-link over a snowflake?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chainlink would usually be a good fit with fish like those, making sure they are in at least a 6 foot tank. When you say full grown snowflake, are you saying around 24-30". It may be advised to start them in an observation tank to accustom them to living in captivity and establish a feeding routine. A wild eel that size put directly into a display can be unpredictable, a pebbletooth eel has crushing jaws and can cause deadly damage. The snowflake, skelator, and chainlink can be comparable in temperament with the chainlink being slightly larger, usually not reaching near their max size in captivity. I find the snowflake too common.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back