Chalice bleaching yet growing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seansea
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2022
Messages
1,685
Reaction score
1,437
Location
Flat Rock
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really familiar with chalices. This is only my second and the first one didn't fare well. It seems to be bleaching and yet growing. Parts of it are turning white yet it is expanding out pretty rapidly. Is this normal for chalices. It is the hell spawn. Parameters all good and other corals doing well. Icps look good. It's in about 50 par.

20240905_163237.jpg
 
I don’t see any bleaching and if it is growing I would not expect it to be bleaching and growing.
 
If you look at the white spots around the edges but aren't quite at the edges. Looks like skeleton. Weren't there a few weeks ago.
 
Would need a more clear pic to see because I don’t see any skeleton. Regardless, bleaching is not the correct term to use, this is not what bleaching is.
 
Would need a more clear pic to see because I don’t see any skeleton. Regardless, bleaching is not the correct term to use, this is not what bleaching is.

Hmm ok. Maybe something biting tissue off? I do got a linear blenny. Been suspicious of him for a while. Saw him bite my digi
 
Hmm ok. Maybe something biting tissue off? I do got a linear blenny. Been suspicious of him for a while. Saw him bite my digi
yeah now that you point it out i sort of see what you are talking about and it is pretty common in most LPS to see that sort of tissue loss when something is nipping at it or bumbing into it!
 
Gonna keep an eye on this blenny. He might be the assailent
 
Hmm ok. Maybe something biting tissue off? I do got a linear blenny. Been suspicious of him for a while. Saw him bite my digi
Agree that’s a possibility.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new