chalice coral and acro receding

Flounder's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
469
Reaction score
174
Location
Nazareth, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I have 2 corals that all of a sudden started going down hill not sure why. Both are receding and the chalice I used a turkey baster and it look like I blew the flesh right off all other chalice are doing great.

Alk 8.9
Calcium 458
Nitrate 0.0 been this way for 9 months
Phosphate. 04
Ph 8.2
Salinity 1.026

20221013_210139.jpg 20221013_210129.jpg
 
No3 is too low as well as po4 imo for how high your alk is. I personally run at 9kh, ~10pm no3 and ~.08-.12ppm po4. These numbers give me a buffer as I can sway a bit and my corals won’t really show any consequences.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new