Chalice Corals- looking beyond the "hype zone"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to steer clear of trends as they are the most expensive and don't get why everyone keeps fragging them after they buy them. Never seen one ove an inch across

Usatennisfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're paying by the eye because someone wasn't patient enough to grow it out to a realistic size before fragging and selling it. Yes, we need to recoup our investment, but I say to us...Make the investment...Force us industry types to do a better, slower job at PROPAGATING and GROWING these corals instead of hacking up fresh imports and charging extortion prices for tiny slivers under the guise of “supply and demand" and "Limited Edition.â€
Scott, I couldn't agree more with the above statement. This is my biggest pet peeve in the hobby. Nothing drives me more crazy than seeing a one inch "colony"that people are fragging from. I totally agree that if you paid a lot for it you need to recoup for some losses but this is just absurd. Add always, fantastic article and one of the biggest things to look forward to when I log on. Cheers.

RickyG

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalice

My favorite type of coral. Iam trying to figure out the best range to keep nitrates, phosphates, alkalinity, magnesium, calcium, and color spectrum to grow out my chalices. Great insight. Appreciate your willingness to share your experiences and knowledge.

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chalice that came with the tank, and it's growing pretty well...about airhockey-puck sized. Not real vibrant colorwise, though. Kind of a muddy reddish with some greenish patches. Maybe I need to try harder to feed it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back