Chalice growth pattern

  • Thread starter Thread starter jayala12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jayala12

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
891
Reaction score
1,449
Location
Corpus Christi Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
6dc1b1fd6a11e4f7acb81eb02661cbf3.jpg
503fc9c5eefb7b033ef6fa8738d34740.jpg
bc3994cb97853e5eddb59fc174b09ab5.jpg

My chalice is growing almost like a cup. Any thoughts?
 
Its growing towards the light, pretty cool. I'd keep it their to see if continues that growth pattern. Is that a goldmiester chalice?

Wwc hellboy chalice. Growing towards the light means it wants more of it ? Like when zoas stretch ? Thanks for the reply’s guys
 
I don't necessarily think so, it may just be the coral growth itself. It's colors are bright so it's not lacking light. I'd be afraid to move it to be honest.
 
I wish y’all could see how much it cups up lol. It looks cool and isn’t lacking color so I’ll leave it and see what happens. I was just curious and wanted to see what other people thought
 
I haven't seen any wild pictures that show detailed growth form of Oxypora or Echinophyllia, however, based on the accepted common name of "chalice coral" I wouldn't expect a cup shaped growth form to be uncommon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new