Spot on chalice

  • Thread starter Thread starter mpw213
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mpw213

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
143
Location
Cleveland
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. My chalice developed a small pale spot with a small opening and was wondering if anyone knows what it is. I’m between a small bleached area, a pest, or possible a new mouth. This picture is after I fed it so I think what is coming out of it is residual food. Besides from this spot it’s doing great and growing


20260727_104616_E78C6A2D-8E75-4BC6-A34D-A553512D79D3.png


20260727_104616_33D07C61-9D92-463C-ADBA-67B7C044A755.png


20260727_104616_A8F1158D-841F-47D4-A064-EE37E5F37675.png
 
20260729_173013_065B5332-D1CF-468D-A00B-ED574340264C.png


20260729_173013_DCEBCF63-4DCB-4F85-9FBF-97A4057F2940.png

Here are some better pictures. I do hope it’s a new mouth but it’s a bit pale and flattening in that spot. I’m also thinking it might have gotten stung when I was moving some other frags around. I’m planning to just keep a close eye on it and if it gets worse I’ll dip and move to lower light. Other than that one patch it’s puffing up nicely and there’s nothing wrong with it at the edges
 
Bleach wouldn’t be such a small area. It will turn back to normal if water is stable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new