Chalice Show-Off Thread!!!

48E33CA9-5E3F-4FE5-9C69-0771EFF7CD9E.jpeg
 
Watermelon is the only chalice I have right now and the other is a chalice from my old 125. Wish I still had it.

9E0F9F7B-E025-4564-8E08-AD947B5188D3.jpeg 022265BF-7DAE-4C9C-8376-BC33CAE0531E.jpeg
 
I expected it to encrust my rock, but it’s grown more like a monti. What should I do with this guy. Let it go? Feels out of place sometimes.

4224BD78-0C40-43FE-95BE-318507E60D5A.jpeg ED1B941B-4997-40A1-A600-BC7A3A8DF9D6.jpeg
 
I expected it to encrust my rock, but it’s grown more like a monti. What should I do with this guy. Let it go? Feels out of place sometimes.

4224BD78-0C40-43FE-95BE-318507E60D5A.jpeg ED1B941B-4997-40A1-A600-BC7A3A8DF9D6.jpeg


that’s Hollywood Stunner, which has mad long sweepers that sting stuff like crazy. Look at it during the night (Lights out) and you’ll see what I mean. It will eventually become limiting on what you can put around it. It does grow super thin and more like a monti than your typical chalice.
 
that’s Hollywood Stunner, which has mad long sweepers that sting stuff like crazy. Look at it during the night (Lights out) and you’ll see what I mean. It will eventually become limiting on what you can put around it. It does grow super thin and more like a monti than your typical chalice.
How much light do they actually need?

I've got a hollywood stunner that is small, but in a central area of the tank - and if its going to be stinging everything as it gets bigger, I'm going to move it.
 
How much light do they actually need?

I've got a hollywood stunner that is small, but in a central area of the tank - and if its going to be stinging everything as it gets bigger, I'm going to move it.

I had mine in the back corner of my tank on the bottom, so pretty low light and was shaded a lot from a giant toadstool I used to have. Overall they adapt well to most lighting, the downfall is the fast growth rate and stinging tentacles will crowd out other corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new