Chalice up close

Flyingbulldog

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2016
Messages
542
Reaction score
350
Location
Monterey
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Added and extension tube to macro lens. Liking the results

IMG_6438.JPG
 
I cant grow a chalice to save my life. Never understood what I do wrong. No problem with most other coral, just have killed a few too many chalice frags that I gave up.
 
Small frags are hard to grow. I lost several small frags for no reason, they take like 2/3 months to acclimate and then it takes off.
 
Nice! What kind of Rainbow is it? Where did you get it?
 
It's a Rainbow Crush chalice. I bought the whole colony from a fellow reefer. This frag has all the colors and looks very bright. They're a fast grower too. My buddy has a frag of 3 eyes last year around April and now it's already in a 5" disc.
 
Here's my first two rainbow chalices. TOP is WWC TNT BOTTOM is CB Crazy clown. TNT has been in my system since December 26 and the crazy clown I have had for almost 3 weeks.

IMG_3609.JPG
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new