How to use these accessories

santeeeyyy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
766
Reaction score
460
Location
Queen creek
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5243.jpeg

Hey everyone, so I’ve tried looking online and only saw sales for this lens. Some of the parts seems loose, but I found these camera accessories just laying around. I assumed this lens I just swap it out and the canon lens I have is just a random lens that came with this lens. Has anyone used this before and any recommendations for used cameras I should look for to play around with this?

IMG_5248.jpeg

IMG_5247.jpeg

IMG_5246.jpeg

IMG_5244.jpeg
 
@OrchidMiss is a professional photographer in her spare time. Perhaps she could share some insight.
 
The longer one might need an adapter to use on specific camera, the other is for a canon. I use nikon myself. I myself use a crop sensor camera for nature photography and a full frame for portrait photography. I've used both for tank shots but a full frame (like nikon d600 or d810) i use the 600 with a 90mm macro lens. And a 50mm for full tank shots. Though i do use the d500 (crop sensor) with the 90 macro lens for close up shots of coral and fish. I'm not familiar with canon so much.
Edit: i was taught by a professional photographer who dated my mother.
 
Yes, those will fit on most Canon EOS DSLR bodies, they should swap out easily.
B&H Photo
Adorama
Both those links will take you to base, least expensive models.
I shoot with the Canon 5D Mark IV, but that's overkill for those lenses you have.
 
The first one looks like an 18-55mm lens with an EF-S mount that is made for crop bodies like the 7d. I think you can use it on a full frame body but you will get some vingneting. The end cap and label for the 100mm Macro F2.8 lens (if that is the actual lens) is the old "EF" mount version made for full frame bodies opposed to the "EF-S" which was for the crop bodies or APC sensor type. The EF mount was used on the film cameras and DSLR's like the 5D, 7D and other digital DSLR's. You can get an adapter for them to use with the new mirrorless bodies but the auto focus will be slower. In general the EF 100mm F2.8 macro lens was an amazing macro lens. I used one for years and even used it with an adapter on my mirrorless R5. Now I finally got the "RF" mount version as an upgrade.

That other one looks a manual lens and that scale is for manual focus using the "hyper focal distance". Last pic is just a lens hood that prevents lens flare when shooting on sunny days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new