Change in like/emoji process?

Can you guys try holding the like button down just a little bit longer and tell me what that does?
That’s a problem for me personally. Using a screen reader (in this case Apples Voiceover) I use tab or swipe to move to each element. I can then select (double tap or enter/return). I don’t know how to press and hold. I never had a problem in the past. I’m not sure what changed. It could very well be on my end.
 
How’s it working now?
Okay, I can triple tap on the “like” button and it brings up the emoji bar. This works for me. I just never came across that before as the emoji bar always popped up automatically before.
 
How’s it working now?
this is working much better for me! there is still a tiny window where if I release my finger just as the emoji bar appears it immediately dismisses and chooses the standard thumbs-up but as long as I hold it at least a tiny bit longer than that then it works great
 
That’s a problem for me personally. Using a screen reader (in this case Apples Voiceover) I use tab or swipe to move to each element. I can then select (double tap or enter/return). I don’t know how to press and hold. I never had a problem in the past. I’m not sure what changed. It could very well be on my end.
try saying "long press" or "touch and hold" to it. on the gesture side, triple tap (at least according to Apple's docs)
 
Yeah I don’t want you to break it for everyone else! I’ll look up to see if it’s possible to press and hold using voiceover.
me...who cares about everyone else. We can adapt, you have a rigid set of tools that need to work.
 
try saying "long press" or "touch and hold" to it. on the gesture side, triple tap
I googled it, and came across a few different options (only one worked). A triple tap on the like button brings up the emoji bar now. There’s a lot of voiceover tools I’ve never used. Weird though as I’ve never had to do this before. Oh well I learned something new today….. note if only I can remember it tomorrow!
 
I googled it, and came across a few different options (only one worked). A triple tap on the like button brings up the emoji bar now. There’s a lot of voiceover tools I’ve never used. Weird though as I’ve never had to do this before. Oh well I learned something new today….. note if only I can remember it tomorrow!
here's a reader-friendly cheat sheet you can bookmark for future reference: https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/use-voiceover-gestures-iph3e2e2281/ios
 
me...who cares about everyone else. We can adapt, you have a rigid set of tools that need to work.
Well I guess there was an option in voiceover for press and hold but I’ve never needed it, let alone knew about it. We’re good now. Losing emojis would be the end of the world anyway, I would be forced to use my words though…. That never ends well! Ha
 
Can you guys try holding the like button down just a little bit longer and tell me what that does?
Sure. Hold my beer

Instagram Explode GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new