changing a light from a setting switch to a timer for settings

Wbennetheun

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2015
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a 36 inch led bar from fluval and it has both a day and a night setting (blue moonlight).
To change between the two settings there is a standard switch on the side of the light bar, flipped one way it sets the light to day and flipped the other way it turns on the night lights and when left in the middle the light is turned off. I have it plugged into a timer that will turn the light off at night but I was wandering if anyone knew of a way I could replace the switch on the side of the light to one that would change straight from day to night at a programmed time.
 
Hi, I have a 36 inch led bar from fluval and it has both a day and a night setting (blue moonlight).
To change between the two settings there is a standard switch on the side of the light bar, flipped one way it sets the light to day and flipped the other way it turns on the night lights and when left in the middle the light is turned off. I have it plugged into a timer that will turn the light off at night but I was wandering if anyone knew of a way I could replace the switch on the side of the light to one that would change straight from day to night at a programmed time.
 
Two SPDT relays would do it. One relay would be your off power while the other driven by a timer would be your modes. Your off relay would just be ran by your 24 hour timer supplying power to your mode relay. A second timer would drive your mode relay.
This would require electrical knowledge and proper safety practices to complete.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new