Changing a mixed reef to lps dominated reef

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I’ve been having some issues with my sps recently and I’m going to make this tank lps dominant for the next year or so while we go through a move (in June) and then setting up a 100g reef shortly thereafter.

I just curious if anyone has had any experience with keeping a couple sps in lower light for a long time. I’m not worried about color but I do hope to get some growth from now till then. I have a Walt Disney, pink lemonade, black widow baby and a 24k lepto that I would like to hang on to if possible.

2A7B0EF6-E5FB-46B7-9994-494BBD1583C7.jpeg
Here is where I will keep all the sps (lepto is on the bottom but I need to move it up some) I also plan to move some acans up to the top of this rock which will mean I have to lower the light so I don’t affect the acans too bad. The rock is 6” under the water and I’m planning to turn my light down to 70% (running it at 90% power now) to start and see how the acans like it but if I need to lower it more then I will.

Will it be possible to keep the sps towards the edges of this rock and acans are in the center? Or would it be better to just scrap the idea of sps in this tank until a later date?

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back