Changing aquascape

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about switching up my aquascape! I want to break down my rocks into smaller pieces after seeing all the cool scapes on here. Wondering what everyone has used on here as far as attaching the rocks together such as glue or cement etc...also any best practices or tips would be greatly appreciated :)

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just built up two rock piles today actually for my new build using the Marco Rock E Marco 400 mortar. It's a little expensive, but pretty impressive. I'd recommend it.

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I have a lot of die off while breaking the rocks down and keeping them wet ?
i use the same polymorph plastic that i build sculptures with for my rocks and corals as well. i recently built a rock shelf with it on my acrylic wall and it worked real well! keep them wet in tank water and let them sit in there for some minutes after your final structures are ready and you should be good!

OP
OP
FlexingFishSticks

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the same polymorph plastic that i build sculptures with for my rocks and corals as well. i recently built a rock shelf with it on my acrylic wall and it worked real well! keep them wet in tank water and let them sit in there for some minutes after your final structures are ready and you should be good!
Ahh good idea! Thanks for the info will give it a try once my molding cement comes in

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used E Marco cement kit and glue, kept the rocks wet by spraying sw on rocks and covering with paper towels. Ocassionaly spraying them, let it harden for 24 hrs. And good to go.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back