Changing Salts

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely! I don’t see any reason you would have any ill effects with that plan. Just keep an eye on your alk if you run high and switch to tropic Marin pro. Your dosing should take care of the difference but if you run super high alk and don’t dose you may see it start to fall a little after a couple weeks.

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually like it around 7.7-8.0 and it said that it says it mixes at 7. Is that the pro?

Absolutely! I don’t see any reason you would have any ill effects with that plan. Just keep an eye on your alk if you run high and switch to tropic Marin pro. Your dosing should take care of the difference but if you run super high alk and don’t dose you may see it start to fall a little after a couple weeks.

OP
OP
Travis Stewart

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious, why are you switching?

I am currently using fritz pro. I have no problems with mixing it and it never leaves anything behind like others have mentioned, but I can never get accurate levels at the same salinity. They are also a bit higher than I like to run my tank at. Always seems to stress my corals out a little when I change water, and it should do the opposite. Salinity and temp always matches my current...

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using fritz pro. I have no problems with mixing it and it never leaves anything behind like others have mentioned, but I can never get accurate levels at the same salinity. They are also a bit higher than I like to run my tank at. Always seems to stress my corals out a little when I change water, and it should do the opposite. Salinity and temp always matches my current...

I am curious as well to switching as I've been using Tropic Marin Pro and low Alk is driving me nuts and thought about switching to salt you currently use. So you're saying the Salinity level is tough to attain? TIA

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started Fritz 3 weeks ago. In my 55 gal barrel, I add 7.8 Lbs salt. I get SG 1.0265 , alk 7.7 - 7.9.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back