Changing the XR30 G3 Power Supply

  • Thread starter Thread starter Saisori
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Saisori

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2018
Messages
213
Reaction score
61
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if its possible to change the power brick that came with this unit. I've had it for awhile and it came with one of those big White bricks and I am looking to reduce the size foot print as much as possible. Is there another adapter that would work? Below example of the current brick.
1668709962541.png
 
I can’t help with the specific question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some attention
 
I asked this recently and was told to contact eco tech. I’d rather avoid their $130 replacement on their website so I hope you get a response here because I agree those supplies are obnoxiously bulky.
 
I'm curious if its possible to change the power brick that came with this unit. I've had it for awhile and it came with one of those big White bricks and I am looking to reduce the size foot print as much as possible. Is there another adapter that would work? Below example of the current brick.
Are you looking for a adapter for the cord to plug into a different power supply? Or a whole new power supply?

Not sure either has been sourced. I know many have asked about a cheaper power brick, and honestly I have not seen a good answer.
 
Are you looking for a adapter for the cord to plug into a different power supply? Or a whole new power supply?

Not sure either has been sourced. I know many have asked about a cheaper power brick, and honestly I have not seen a good answer.
whole white brick. They about 110-150$ to replace when a regular g4 bricks are like 10$
 
whole white brick. They about 110-150$ to replace when a regular g4 bricks are like 10$
I'm not sure where you see gen 4 power supplies at for $10, but when I looked all I found were the ones for $182, on ETM's parts store.

When the first gen Radions came out one of the issues people had with them were those large white power supplies.
I saw alot of threads here on R2R and Reef Central with people looking for replacements.
I never did hear of a solution.
Some would always say all you had to do was get the numbers off of the white supply and match them with after market parts, but IMO it seems that would have been a popular thread.
If you did get the right power supply, then you would have to swap the connectors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new