Changing to Euro Bracing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rifken
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rifken

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 18, 2023
Messages
71
Reaction score
74
Location
New Mexico
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new 75 gallon tank that I want to turn into a sump for a 260 gallon tank. I was planning on a 4 compartment sump but it's a tight fit for the skimmer I bought. I would now like to make it a 3 chamber sump but that middle brace is in the way. I was thinking about the possibility of removing the top frame entirely and adding euro style type bracing to the tank. Since the thickest glass the shops around here will cut is 1/4 inch I was thinking maybe a 2 inch wide strip around the parameter maybe two "center braces" of 4 inch wide. That would give openings of 14 by 12. That would be tight for the RC-3 skimmer too as the footprint is 15.3 by 9.4. Not sure what to do...

-Bob
 
i'm not sure about rigidity, but i believe the standard bracing around the edges would work fine. if anything instead of two center braces, just have one?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new