Channel B not working on Gyre

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@csmaxspect
I have a dual XF330 and the pump on channel B is not working and showing as off.
If I go through any of the configuration options in either Auto or manual and save the setting, the B pump will run for about a second and the go off.
Both pumps are configured as XF330's.
Any ideas why this is happening?

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have just contacted them and they have deemed the controller to be faulty as you suggested and are just sending out a replacement today which should be with me Monday.
BCUK were very good to deal with, if anyone else in the UK has a similar problem.

Winnie-Maxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have just contacted them and they have deemed the controller to be faulty as you suggested and are just sending out a replacement today which should be with me Monday.
BCUK were very good to deal with, if anyone else in the UK has a similar problem.

If there are further problems, please feel free to contact us or BCUK.

Chocolatestarfish888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, any update with this issue? I have the same issue with both of my XF 330s. I just cleaned them and put them back together and not both of them are shutting off every few seconds.

I have 2 controllers. I tried both and the pumps turn on/off. I have reinstalled them again and seems to be working. But, when I clean, it may go back to auto shutoff every few seconds again

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, any update with this issue? I have the same issue with both of my XF 330s. I just cleaned them and put them back together and not both of them are shutting off every few seconds.

I have 2 controllers. I tried both and the pumps turn on/off. I have reinstalled them again and seems to be working. But, when I clean, it may go back to auto shutoff every few seconds again
Hi, replied you in the other post.

The Black One

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, replied you in the other post.
Hi, I’m having this same problem that thousands of others seem to experience with these Gyre Pumps. My pump B keeps cutting off. These pumps not even 4months old. I can’t create a ticket for some reason it say I’m blocked on the Maxspect site. I need Help.

OP
OP
Ludders

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What country are you from? Mine has been fine since the controller was replaced with the newer firmware loaded to it.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the USA… Illinois…
Hi, sorry for your inconvenience. Regarding this issue,
1) May we know whether you have selected the correct pump model?
Pump Model Setup Methods 1.jpg

2) If correct pump models have been set, may we know whether the issue happens in low speed mode(Level 1 or 2 in constant speed mode)? Or same issue happens in high speed mode(Such as Level 10 in constant speed mode) also?

3)How about swapping Pump A and B and see if it is controller issue or pump issue?

Chocolatestarfish888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to fix mine myself. I disassembled the rotors and reconnected them carefully. You need to make sure the plastic O-rings on each end are secure. Remove the end caps to make sure they are secure. It will automatically shut off/turn on if the plastic O-rings on each side aren't secure
I’m in the USA… Illinois…

Ljshelby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo im having the same issue with my fx350 side B is off. Tried resetting everything and doing another detail clean but no luck. Also tried to create a ticket on maxspect website but i could not even create an account. Not sure if anyone has had a cure for this yet but could use some help,, reaching out from Canada ✌️

Chocolatestarfish888

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So
Soooo im having the same issue with my fx350 side B is off. Tried resetting everything and doing another detail clean but no luck. Also tried to create a ticket on maxspect website but i could not even create an account. Not sure if anyone has had a cure for this yet but could use some help,, reaching out from Canada ✌️
Sorry to hear that. Both my gyres had the same issue. Try to isolate the issue by removing the blades and running the middle shaft only. Might be an alignment and/or bushing issue also.

I had no luck fixing the issue and decided to switch to vortechs

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back