Chasing Coral - The Documentary that you have to watch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://aquanerd.com/2017/07/chasing-coral-a-documentary-about-the-state-of-coral-reefs.html

Chasing-Coral.jpg

lakereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had some beautiful shots of coral, and made me want the coral kid's job. It was also sobering what we're up against when it comes to climate change and how it's impacting corals now. Wish everyone would watch it and hope it helps change things for the better.

Kevin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched part of it last night really opens your eyes to what's going on with reefs all over the world.

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it's very sad. My favorite show as a kid growing up was the Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau. The man was a straight up genius and I think he saw this coming before just about anyone else. Read one of his books 25ish years ago..time to break it out again.

E's gone SPS mad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i loved the documentary however, i watched it with some non reef enthusiasts, and they did not enjoy it as much. They now understand the reality of the situation but it did not captivate them as it did us.
They thought it was boring at times and thought they spent more time explaining how they filmed the process than the process of bleaching or other issues corals face. Unfortunately, i have to agree with them on that point.

paulhinrichsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i loved the documentary however, i watched it with some non reef enthusiasts, and they did not enjoy it as much. They now understand the reality of the situation but it did not captivate them as it did us.
They thought it was boring at times and thought they spent more time explaining how they filmed the process than the process of bleaching or other issues corals face. Unfortunately, i have to agree with them on that point.

i kinda liked that part, the documentary was about their story...i think they told it well and showed how hard what they did truly was. the manual filming process they did was insane.

Vahanyos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw it last night - i loved it. it is sad tho what's happening to our reefs. nonetheless, beautiful shots of healthy reefs!!

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great documentary but, yes, very sad. Makes me think we hobbyists will be replenishing the coral reefs at some point.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back