Looking for something to watch this weekend? Let me introduce you to Puff!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are like me and getting snowed in this weekend! You should watch this Emmy Award winning documentary following Puff a baby pufferfish the size of a jellybean. I think we often forgot how big the ocean in comparison to our banks no matter how big or small and the journey our fish had to get to us. At least I know I do!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The skill and equipment it takes to film ocean documentaries especially this one is truly amazing. The ability to capture and follow this tiny fish around is truly impressive. Not to mention the detail on the coral spawning. And doing this while scuba diving and from a distance/with as little disturbance as possible AMAZING!

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kind of vid, cool to share! Agreed, it takes a great deal of time and skill to catch in focus and detail, all the happenings on the reef. I remember diving, and waiting about 5 - 10 minutes, sitting still, for everyone to come back out to play and work.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was young we had 3 network TV stations, no cell phones, no internet, and no digital recording devices. Once or twice a year Jacques Cousteau would have a special. It was a family highlight to watch the wonders of the ocean on TV. Thinking back it was pretty amazing that they captured the footage they did without the technology they have today.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
this documentary made me want a valentino puffer, but the “reef safe with caution” definitely is off putting as i have a mixed reef

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this documentary made me want a valentino puffer, but the “reef safe with caution” definitely is off putting as i have a mixed reef
I definitely wouldn’t add one especially if you have inverts. But a 5-10 gallon fowlr for him and a small friend could work if you get a small one. They do stay fairly small. I wouldn’t have an issue with one being in a 10 gallon tank by himself or with a small goby.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back