ok this one ran its course, the title just seems silly to me now. You guys rocked it though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battlebox has arrived! I was lucky winner #5 of his recent Valentine’s Day contest, and I can hands down say I am completely blown away by my box!

Since I have a small tank, I told Adam I couldn’t take any more than 8 corals, that I love milli’s and wouldn’t mind a blue light coral, and as always he did not disappoint!

My haul is as follows:

1: Blue Light Special
2: Blue Light Special
3: Crisp en Glove (milli)
4: Sunset Milli
5: No name spec
6: Joker 2.0
7: Green Tangerine
8: Houdini

As we’ve all come to expect from Adam, all corals were healthy, big and chunky! 4 of these new frags are now the BIGGEST SPS in my tank! The milli’s were so healthy that they were shaggy in the shipping bags!

They’re all hanging out on my frag rack now, and I dipped my lights down for a 10 day acclimation period so they don’t get stressed. Hardest part now is going to be figuring out where to put all 8 of these bad boys….within the next year I’m going to have an SPS forest in this deskman…I love it!

Thanks again Adam! You rock!

IMG_9877.JPG IMG_9875.JPG IMG_9873.JPG IMG_9871.JPG IMG_9869.JPG IMG_9867.JPG IMG_9865.JPG IMG_9862.JPG

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that whole waiting until Friday or next week to mount everything....didn't happen!

I got everything mounted in a matter that I think everything will be able to grow out and mature. I'm happy with the overall placement of everything. I'm really excited to see how everything grows out and matures. Here's a little Instagram video from a few minutes ago. I have the intensity lowered on the lights, and it's already starting to convert over to my afternoon blue spectrum so I wasn't able to get any good still pictures, but those will follow once the full light acclamation is over (9 more days).

Thanks again Adam for a great contest! In my opinion you're top of the industry! Keep up the great work!

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals, you sir are amazing. Got my box today and it is AWESOME! THANK YOU ADAM!!!
IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

No filter here (not even an orange), just my iPhone.

The piece on the far left is a Rainbow Splice from a different vendor. All the others came from Battlebox today. Can't wait to see how they look after they've settled in (this is right after placing the pieces in my QT tank after a long, semi-aggressive dip....usually takes my corals a good 24 hours to really pop back)

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Battlecorals, you sir are amazing. Got my box today and it is AWESOME! THANK YOU ADAM!!!
IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

The piece on the far left is a Rainbow Splice from a different vendor. All the others came from Battlebox today. Can't wait to see how they look after they've settled in (this is right after placing the pieces in my QT tank after a long, semi-aggressive dip....usually takes my corals a good 24 hours to really pop back)
I was about to ask which one that was lol

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

did you say different vendor ???? How dare you sir !! :p

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
IMG_4282.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

cool! glad they got in ok:). looks good.

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything has settled in great to the tank, with the exception of the Sunset Millie having some slight issues. Similar to what happened to my PC Rainbow (tissue loss), but I have no doubt it's going to make a full recovery.

Herbie's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything has settled in great to the tank, with the exception of the Sunset Millie having some slight issues. Similar to what happened to my PC Rainbow (tissue loss), but I have no doubt it's going to make a full recovery.

sorry to hear that about your sunset millie, my glowhorn rtn'd the first night I had it. Guess just some acclimation issues? Love your build thread though, don't see many nanos with acros. Will definitely be following, good luck with the rest of your corals, hope that millie can recover!

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear that about your sunset millie, my glowhorn rtn'd the first night I had it. Guess just some acclimation issues? Love your build thread though, don't see many nanos with acros. Will definitely be following, good luck with the rest of your corals, hope that millie can recover!
Thanks Herbie! Since yesterday it seems that all the tissue loss has stopped, so I'm confident of a full rebound!

Appreciate the follow on my thread. I"ve always loved mixed reefs, and knew that even though I've got a little 5 gallon...it wasn't going to hold me back from doing what I wanted!

I'm still surprised Im' running this tank without a skimmer!!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my battle box for this contest! “Sorry late to posts them up!” Can't thank Adam enough! it’s fire as always! Nice chunky encrusted frags and my all time favorite acro the pearly cadaver is just insane under full spectrum halides it’s got a real pearl essence you don’t see no more today! Many more pics to come as life has gotten in the way ugh… haha I’ll get some better pics here real soon.
IMG_2870.jpeg
IMG_2871.jpeg

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to give a quick updated on all the corals I got in my Valentine's Day Battle Box. Everything is alive and doing well!

Joker 2.0, I love this coral. It kept its cool coloring for the first month, and then lost that vivid fluoresce on it's tips and throughout its body. This piece is at the top of my tank, so I"m not sure if it's getting "too much" light, however the base still has the iridescent rim on the bottom of the frag plug, i'm hoping it just needs to adjust and will get its color back.
IMG_0398.JPG

Green Tangerine: Really cool coral. It lost a lot of the bright green that was on the top of the coral, however it kept it's bright green polyps. No tissue has been lost, just a slight change in color. I'm confident the regular coloring will come back!
IMG_0397.JPG

Houdini. I love this one. Over the past month the tips and outside of all corallites has started to get the bright yellow coloring. Can't wait for this to fully color up!
IMG_0396.JPG

No Name Spec - Really cool structure on this one. It has colored up to a cool mint color, with bright yellow flourescent tips, and brown/red polyps
IMG_0395.JPG

Sunset Milli: This guy lost a bunch of flesh after the first week in the tank. It has since regrown almost all of the flesh (minus some at the base), and coloring has been great!
IMG_0394.JPG

Blue MIllie: This guys doing great too! Love me some MIllies!
IMG_0393.JPG

My 2 blue light specials are super fluffy, look good under white light, and really pop under the blues!
IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back