Cheap(er) colored PVC pipes

Jose Mayo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beware of color ... the vast majority of pigments used in plastic materials resistant to pressure and temperature are metal oxides. Some are very toxic.

For use in aquariums it is advisable to clarify which pigment is used, preferably before use.

Best regards

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Bulk Reef Supply sells them so I’m assuming theirs are okay... I’ve never used them from there or at all for that matter. Was just trying to see if anywhere sells it by the foot a little cheaper then BRS. Thanks for the input tho! I’ll be on the lookout!

ronmorales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t ordered any but I’m starting my build next month and will be choosing red with grey connection from BRS. Not to many connection or Unions/Valves in color.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t ordered any but I’m starting my build next month and will be choosing red with grey connection from BRS. Not to many connection or Unions/Valves in color.

Where did you see the grey connections from BRS? I decided to go orange and grey but can’t seem to find grey fittings (elbows and 45 degree elbows)

eschulist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home Depot online for the pipe is the cheapest I found. Its pretty much Formufit.

If you want black elbows and tees you can get them at formufit.com or BRS. They will be a little expensive, but they will be similar in price to all the main Sch80 grey fittings which are better quality. Sch80 also has way more connections and fittings. This way if you need a unique part like a wye fitting with 1" in and 2 3/4" out you could realistically find it. That type of fitting doesn't exist in Sch40 black.

If you want orange valves the only ones I found are made by GF. https://www.amazon.com/GF-Piping-Systems-Socket-Threaded/dp/B00AM6KJAS They are expensive.

5bIgOZYl.jpg

Good luck with your build.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Home Depot online for the pipe is the cheapest I found. Its pretty much Formufit.

If you want black elbows and tees you can get them at formufit.com or BRS. They will be a little expensive, but they will be similar in price to all the main Sch80 grey fittings which are better quality. Sch80 also has way more connections and fittings. This way if you need a unique part like a wye fitting with 1" in and 2 3/4" out you could realistically find it. That type of fitting doesn't exist in Sch40 black.

If you want orange valves the only ones I found are made by GF. https://www.amazon.com/GF-Piping-Systems-Socket-Threaded/dp/B00AM6KJAS They are expensive.

5bIgOZYl.jpg

Good luck with your build.

That looks amazing! Love this!!!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back