Robs 425XL

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi just wanted show everyone what im up to. Ive been putting things together for the past year and just started cycling. Learned a ton on here! Many more questions to come!

Red Sea 425XL
XR30 G4 Pros with RMS Mounts
Carib Sea Life Rock with Emarco mortar
Tropic Eden Reeflakes
VCA Dual Random Flows
2 MP40s
Neptune COR 20

Custom sump plumbing
RSK 600 with @Butuz 3D printed silencer
Led cabinet light

IMG_0861.jpg IMG_0855.jpg IMG_0875.jpg 58527774817__35807AB8-8088-419E-AC1F-AE94E6A83BBE.JPG IMG_0872.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer_Rob

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my water system. I have a BRS 6 stage under my sink and I fill 5 gallon containers. I then manually transfer to 25 gallon container stashed behind my couch in the tank room. Inside the tank I have have small Maxijet pump for circulating the salt and a 50W heater.

I rigged a momentary push button switch to a Iwaki pump plumbed to the mixing tank so I can transfer water to the DT tank precisely as needed. With the distance im running (20ft through 3/4 ID line) im probably flowing 5+ GPM so it makes filling a breeze. Just open up the ball valves and press....

image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! I also have a 425 xl. Love your mixing station. Great way to hide something in plain view. I will be following along

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What percent are you running the Mp40’s?I’m curious to see how you like them on the back wall. Not sure how I feel about mine on the back wall but my tank is viewed from three sides and really don’t want to see a power head.

OP
OP
Reefer_Rob

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What percent are you running the Mp40’s?I’m curious to see how you like them on the back wall. Not sure how I feel about mine on the back wall but my tank is viewed from three sides and really don’t want to see a power head.

Keep in mind im 6 days into the cycle so I have no proof on live effectiveness but im running Random Reef Crest at about 45-50% on both. Based on this im seeing smoothing of the sand after a few days on both sides so im assuming the flow is decent. I feel this location helps the flow on the front glass by bouncing off but hurts the rear glass. I aimed my return lines at to the rear halves to try to cover those specific areas. Seems to be working because im getting “smoothing” of the sand there now.

It’s purely an R&D phase right now so if you have any ideas or want me try anything let me know.

One more thing, my tank isnt ready for my skimmer yet so when I use it I get a ton of micro bubbles. I used those bubbles to examine my circulation and it seems pretty good in terms of coverage. Its all kind of speculation at this point though.

OP
OP
Reefer_Rob

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added the Apex V2 ATO. My stock Red Sea sump no longer fits the reservoir so I just put it on the side with some old Ikea furniture modified to make a cover. Im getting 5-6 days out of this one but Ill probably upgrade to a larger, slicker ATO in the future.

IMG_0938.jpg IMG_0937.jpg IMG_0940.jpg

OP
OP
Reefer_Rob

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of wood u use for your controller board?

Itssome particle board. I used come old Ikea furniture that fit perfectly.

The metal frame and one of the boards is the controller board and the leftover "partial box" is being used to cover the ATO.

Back