Cheap microscope suggestions?

  • Thread starter Thread starter b4tn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Columbia MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering getting an inexpensive microscope. I don't need to go crazy and get a lab grade super scope. I would like to have something that can zoom in enough to identify algae types, analyze free floating particles in the water, zoom in on pods, and take pictures. However I don't really know what to look for. I see 800x USB ones for $30 on amazon but I cant imagine that it would be able to do what I want for that cheap, seems too good to be true. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a hobby grade scope?
 
I purchased a Amscope T490B-DK from Amazon. May be above budget but I'm very happy with it. Amazes me what I have seen lately. I would advise against buying the cheapest you can find. With anything u get what you pay for.
 
Amscope ;)
Now for what you are wanting to see 2500 power is in my opinion the bare minimum
Getting a scope at 100$ may be difficult at this power.
 
Any day!
A good starting setup for a journey you are interested in will be about $300
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new