Cheap Ozone?!??!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JTP424
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Those are sold out, but I just ordered one from Amazon for $15. I'd like to have a small O3 generator to use for experiments.....thanks!
Every now and then Menards has some good flash sales ha! It's like.... if harbor freight... was a walmart :D
 
Every now and then Menards has some good flash sales ha! It's like.... if harbor freight... was a walmart :D

Mine arrived today. It has a timer so that it runs and shuts off, requiring a manual restart. I remember this feature when I was looking at a similar unit years ago
 
Nice! I'm still waiting on it to get "delivered to store" so who knows when I'll get mine...
 
Mine arrived today. It has a timer so that it runs and shuts off, requiring a manual restart. I remember this feature when I was looking at a similar unit years ago
So at least I won't have to worry about it running TOO long to kill anything... maybe a plus!! (Since I'm not well versed in Ozone yet)
 
So at least I won't have to worry about it running TOO long to kill anything... maybe a plus!! (Since I'm not well versed in Ozone yet)

Yes, you would need to pulse dose it. You can use a DPD chlorine test to see if there is excess ozone being produced.

Here is a basic article I wrote on ozone. You may need to teach the page on a desktop computer so that you can download the PDF, I couldn’t see it on my phone:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/ozone-use-in-marine-aquariums.1078/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new