• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cheap, Tiny, Effective. Pico/nano algae and media reactors now available!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Can these be used as nitrate reactors (which have very slow flow and no tumbling)? I need a nitrate reactor but am having a hard time finding one for my 15g. Most of them are for 50g and up. Also do you have approx. tank size ranges for each of these? I'm looking to start a 5g or maybe 10g and of course I have my 15g.

Great work on these!

OP
OP
MakerofThings

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! Can these be used as nitrate reactors (which have very slow flow and no tumbling)? I need a nitrate reactor but am having a hard time finding one for my 15g. Most of them are for 50g and up. Also do you have approx. tank size ranges for each of these? I'm looking to start a 5g or maybe 10g and of course I have my 15g.

Great work on these!
Thanks, first off sizes are detailed in the description.

Secondly, yes you could run media at a very low flow in this. It includes a ball valve so you'd just adjust the flow to a trickle and wouldn't have an issue.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, first off sizes are detailed in the description.

Secondly, yes you could run media at a very low flow in this. It includes a ball valve so you'd just adjust the flow to a trickle and wouldn't have an issue.
I saw the physical sizes but I meant the size of the tank (in gallons). Ex: Is the pico good for 1-4 gallons, etc. (Maybe I'm going blind).

OP
OP
MakerofThings

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the physical sizes but I meant the size of the tank (in gallons). Ex: Is the pico good for 1-4 gallons, etc. (Maybe I'm going blind).
Ah, my bad. Yeah, they're good for up to 50+ gallons, really. Just depends on your system and when you'd want to/need to change media.

OP
OP
MakerofThings

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! All 25 of the first units have been delivered and we are getting ready to ship the second batch!
I've been hearing great things, and its helping to pay the bills, so thanks to everyone who have ordered!

We've made some changes and now the PicoPack includes x2 PicoTumble and x1 PicoGrow.

For this batch I am also including a PicoRack corner frag rack with each PicoPack order!

IMG_20201003_144013.jpg

OP
OP
MakerofThings

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving seeing photos and reviews come in from customers!

Still have a few left for the next batch! Order now if you want one before the end of the year, this may be the last batch I can do for a few months!

CT1veCE.jpg

spideybry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the original Pico Pack, loving it so far.

It's only been running for about two weeks at this point. The Pico Tumble reactor is perfect for what it is - currently running Matrix Carbon. The ball valve is perfect for controlling flow - video of when I first set it up.

Here you can see the tumble rate on my carbon -

Growth over one week -
ccCIthn.jpg

Setup in my sump -
MQPpcL5.jpg

coolblueatx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I'm glad I found this thread. I have a 20g AIO and really struggle to find equipment for it. I'm interested in the auto water changer as well. Hope that will come out soon.

Do we order from the website?

MikeyGinSD

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in your chaeto reactor. Can you design one that would have a euro race bracket that I can hang outside of my Trigger cube sump?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.8%
Back