Check it out! Pistol and Goby working hard!

Corporate America wishes they could capture this kind of productivity 📈
 
My wife said they should put pistol shrimp in charge of highway construction. Mine moves sand all day every day. He makes a new door every day. Warning, mine kills every snail that gets close and uses the shells as decorations and doors.
 
My wife said they should put pistol shrimp in charge of highway construction. Mine moves sand all day every day. He makes a new door every day. Warning, mine kills every snail that gets close and uses the shells as decorations and doors.
Same! If a snail gets close, it’s a goner. But their shells support the caves and keep it from collapsing. My red fire shrimp got too close to the cave and I guess pistol shot him. I heard the noise and then the red shrimp was laying on its back. I have a new one now and I’m hoping he stays far away from the caves. 🤞
 
Always fun to watch... I accidentally bought a pistol shrimp that was too "young" and it just lives in the rockwork now... Will need it to get bigger before it starts pushing sand.
 
Always fun to watch... I accidentally bought a pistol shrimp that was too "young" and it just lives in the rockwork now... Will need it to get bigger before it starts pushing sand.
Buy it a Goby. It will feel safer since they have a symbolic relationship. The shrimp can’t see well, so the Gobi keeps watch at the cave entrance while the shrimp does the work. They share the cave.
 
Buy it a Goby. It will feel safer since they have a symbolic relationship. The shrimp can’t see well, so the Gobi keeps watch at the cave entrance while the shrimp does the work. They share the cave.
my goby is just wandering around alone lol

The pistol shrimp is up in the rockwork
 
It took mine a couple weeks to find each other but once they did they haven't left each other.
it’s been over a year for me.

I’ve kept shrimp and gobies before, it’s just this time I got a shrimp that was way too tiny. Smaller than a sexy shrimp. It’s natural for juveniles to hide in the rockwork for a while until they’re mature enough to want to come out and start burrowing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new