Check it out......SUPERMAN CHALICE FUTURE LE!!!!

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see me overpaying for two corals right now and that's the Flame Thrower and Mengs Emerald Mummy Eye, everything else will have to wait until I hit the lottery lol

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I understand all the points being made, isn't all of this good for the hobby? While some new "fancy" corals skyrocket in price, others have been dropping like crazy. One polyp of ORA duncan went for $300 about 2 years ago. Now you can get duncans for cheap, $5 a polyp. Lots of other cool chalices are available at reasonable prices. There are tons of watermelon morphs, most of them don't cost 200+ an eye. I am blown away by the selection of wild colonies and aquaculture at cheap prices. Whole favia colonies for $40 or less. So some corals are tough to come by at first if you don't know the right people and have a load of extra cash, in time the price comes down and more becomes available. We have corals and vendors that are getting the spotlight, which brings more attention to reefkeeping, and hopefully will influence more people to respect the reefs and take better care of them. Oh, I wouldn't pay 300 for the Flamethrower, got the same thing without lineage for much cheaper and laughing. If there was a cheap Superman lookalike, would've grabbed it too.

Last edited:

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt know the Flamethrower was a lineaged coral. Is it even known who has the original piece?

dieselab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PM if anyone is interested in a nice sizes frag that looks like the LE superman chalice. Local fish store got a cherry shipment and one chalice that came in looks exactly the same.

bamachamp92

WIL E. COYOTE SUPERGENIUS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not into chalices that much, but it seems that every time someone posts pics of a new chalice people want to jump in and have the same argument, no one in particular. Why do we have to keep having the same argument, its the same with chalices, sps and acans. You dont see people arguing about what Air Jordans cost they get ripped off the shelf. Same with these sick chalices (and I believe this superman is one of them) a lot of people want to post that it is not right or they wouldnt buy or it isnt worth it, but the people that have them seem to have no trouble selling frags out as soon as they post them so it seems to me like there are a lot of people willing to pay these prices, I do it on sps and I would like to start getting some of these chalices but I dont need another addiction. lol.

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents: why people pay top dollar for brand name clothes ??? when they can buy the clothes at walmart or target, why people buy nikes for $150 when you can buy payless???? why people pay thousand on baseball cards?????? why buy furniture at ethan allen when you can buy it at walmart????? I can go on all day with this but it makes no sense to keep on going you guys get my point I'm pretty sure.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a BPC LE

BPC got theirs from the same place everyone else did. Understandably, the people that received the original pieces haven't revealed the source. This isn't a situation where theres lookalikes surfacing, they all came from the same colony...

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
eat-drink-smiley-7852.gif

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the point is that its unfortunate that the saltwater hobby is being exploited like designer clothes...

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I understand all the points being made, isn't all of this good for the hobby? While some new "fancy" corals skyrocket in price, others have been dropping like crazy. One polyp of ORA duncan went for $300 about 2 years ago. Now you can get duncans for cheap, $5 a polyp. Lots of other cool chalices are available at reasonable prices. There are tons of watermelon morphs, most of them don't cost 200+ an eye. I am blown away by the selection of wild colonies and aquaculture at cheap prices. Whole favia colonies for $40 or less. So some corals are tough to come by at first if you don't know the right people and have a load of extra cash, in time the price comes down and more becomes available. We have corals and vendors that are getting the spotlight, which brings more attention to reefkeeping, and hopefully will influence more people to respect the reefs and take better care of them. Oh, I wouldn't pay 300 for the Flamethrower, got the same thing without lineage for much cheaper and laughing. If there was a cheap Superman lookalike, would've grabbed it too.

please post a pic would love to see it.

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the point is that its unfortunate that the saltwater hobby is being exploited like designer clothes...

happy-smiley-582.gif
well said, but we as hobbyist are very much to blame. How many hobbyist do we know that sell at market rate and sell more like a fish store than as a hobbyist.

Last edited:

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you kind of right but what about when you pay $50 for a steak at a fancy steak house when you can get the same exact steak for $12 at T.G.I Fridays I guess the restaurants are exploiting things too right,LOL come on we can go all day with this :tongue:

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you kind of right but what about when you pay $50 for a steak at a fancy steak house when you can get the same exact steak for $12 at T.G.I Fridays I guess the restaurants are exploiting things too right,LOL come on we can go all day with this :tongue:

I don't go to fridays and when I go to a real steakhouse, I want to see an aged cooler that shows me that the meat has been aged; thats a great sign of a good steak house. :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back