Check Your Hanna Reagent NOW!!

GoReef165

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of my new bottles were bad too! So now what? Wait to see if my corals start stn or rtn because of bad parameters? I'm so glad I saw the post on Facebook.

It's a good thing it's only going to take HANNA 2-4 weeks to send me my new reagents. So nice of them to hustle for us all. Seriously?

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This has happen to me before. I lost faith in Hanna. I still test with Hanna but when I notice a change I also test with Salifert . Going to check and now thinking about never using Hanna again. Incompetent!

gdemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can I find out if my po4 and phosphorus are good ?
I have had my ULR kick back readings that I could not believe. Unfortunately the only way to validate is other test kits/other reagent batches...or of course there is always the talking corals that can tell you! Seriously I have my doubts on the ULR Example get a reading of something abnormally high, test again immediately and see if it changes.... It probably will. With phosphorous I wonder how particular the two minute mix time is. Again perhaps best for the chemistry forum. Either way as testing goes it is human nature to test until you see a result you like then stop there In Which case Mankind can be a bad reagent. Call Hanna ... The more the hear from hobbyists the better. I also question the eBay/Amazon sale of reagents if it is not from Hanna directly

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Two bad packs,one is still unopened,I'll bring it back to the lfs and see if they will replace it,I'm sure that they are unaware of the problem.maybe they have one that is good but I'm still going to buy a salifert

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help! Well my red sea test is no help either. It produces the orange color. Lol.
My Red Sea does the same Orange color. I swear the first bottle of Red Sea went to the Pink final color but now I don't know if this other bottle is good or not. Going to go buy a salifert today.

pingzing47

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my lot [HASHTAG]#5705[/HASHTAG] came up as requiring replacement. Thanks for the information! I bought 2 bottles at Aqua Cave. With technology today you wonder why quality control if there is any even lets these products reach the market. And yes Hanna is doing a nice job in letting market share decline if it takes 2 - 4 weeks to replace.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my ULR kick back readings that I could not believe. Unfortunately the only way to validate is other test kits/other reagent batches...or of course there is always the talking corals that can tell you! Seriously I have my doubts on the ULR Example get a reading of something abnormally high, test again immediately and see if it changes.... It probably will. With phosphorous I wonder how particular the two minute mix time is. Again perhaps best for the chemistry forum. Either way as testing goes it is human nature to test until you see a result you like then stop there In Which case Mankind can be a bad reagent. Call Hanna ... The more the hear from hobbyists the better. I also question the eBay/Amazon sale of reagents if it is not from Hanna directly

I usually run them both last night was the first time the results was close
Hanna po4 0.03
Ulr 11
I do understand where you are coming from.

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't been checking your Reagent before you use it to make sure it's good do it now. Both of mine were bad. So I have been accurately correcting my tank to bad readings from my Alk Reagent.

LOT 5423 IS BAD

Go to this link and enter your Lot number.

https://hannainst.wufoo.com/forms/w1hzjs2j1b4ejyu/

Guess I need to break out my Red Sea Test.

Thanks for the heads-up. This could explain the recent chemistry problems I'm having.

How did you come across this web page? Are there any other known Hanna reagent recalls for other Checkers?

reef life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what would an Alk reading be if mine is reading 10.52!! Wow I hope its not to high!

Ginu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet this might a a reason why my my sps has looked like crap and died. Will check once I get home...

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a shipment from BRS today, lot number 5745.....bad according to the site. Why is BRS shipping bad reagent? I'm calling them tomorrow.

Tested tonight with my "bad" Hanna....8.8. With my older Salifert...9.6, with a brand new Salifert 9.75.

ttabbal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 bad bottles here... Anyone get a good response? I guess I need to get the salifert out and double check.

SaltMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That link looks suspicious going to a wofoodotcom form page that anyone could make. Why it is not linked directly to hannainst?

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That link looks suspicious going to a wofoodotcom form page that anyone could make. Why it is not linked directly to hannainst?

I emailed Hanna from their site and got a reply about it. It's legit.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back