OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Hanna even have the new reagents ready to ship? When I submitted my info, it said it would ship in 2-4 weeks. I have looked around online and everyone seems to be out of stock. I too have been banging my head trying to dial in my two part dosing. Now I know why. This really sucks!
Well I posted this Tuesday and got my new ones today

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great news. I guess they say 2-4 weeks just to cover themselves. I'm glad they are doing the recall but can't help to feel bad about all the problems the reagents may have caused in people's tanks. A lot of money and life was probably lost...

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look what just arrived. Time to test water and compare results
image.jpeg

Really? I have that same lot number and when I ran it on their site it said it needed to be replaced!!

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone else run that lot number so I will know if I've lost it. I ran it again and it still said it needed to be replaced.

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kudo's to BRS - I just received an email from them regarding the recall!

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue I have is that I just purchased 2 additional reagents from amazon. And they are on the recall lot # as well... I guess just store upright and submit a claim for 2 more.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bach suddenly start reading in the 5s didn't trust it, ordered a new one. It was reading in the 8s and 9s...been dosing with it for a couple months. Just found out it was a bad lot but already had a replacement in the mail because I test often.

Now it looks like both the unopened and older baches are bad.

Anyone know how far off the reacordings are on the bad batches? Are they reading high or low? Who knows how long till I get my replacement s(and yes I had receipts for both. one amazon and the other BRS)

Okay based on the posts here it looks like the likely worse case scenario is a reading of 8.5 (where I am at now) could be an alk of 10.5.

I'm going to Kentucky windage the **** out of this and dose down to 7.5 until we figure this out . (Feel like I need to post a picture of the Martian)

Last edited:
OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I just got an alert this morning from my UPS account and when I checked it it says that I have a delivery from Hanna coming tomorrow. Maybe they are actually sending good replacements.

Just wrote them an email about sending bad replacements out

mic209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My batch, lot # 5672 said it was bad. I ran one test and it was only a .5 DKH difference compared to my Red Sea Test. Doesn't seem bad to me, but hey I'll take the replacement reagents.

reefknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lot# 5554 is on the recall list as well, brand new bottle that was opened a week ago. I literally just threw away the old bottle. I wish that I hadn't. Have had issues with the Alk testing low and having to correct it. I have lost most of my SPS corals, several LPS and zoa's. The Hanna meter is stating 8.9dkh. My Elos kit is stating 7-7.5dkh. Funny thing is a friend of mine had a meter as well, different batch(5341)of reagent and is using Red Sea and is getting 7.6dkh with it and 8.9dkh with his Hanna. Both of us have noticed red slime growth in our systems, indicating low Alk.

Also, yes I have noticed white stringy things floating in my last two bottles of reagent.

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. I think a call to Hanna is now needed. [HASHTAG]#Fail[/HASHTAG]

SMH. That's a major malfunction. Sending recalled reagent to replace recalled reagent. LOL.

That said that batch may not be that bad. Let me explain.

Last night I tested my tank with Salifert and got 9.75. I then tested the 6.7 dKh control that Salifert sends with the test kit and got 7.3. Next I tested my tank with the 5745 "bad" reagent and got 9.2. Allowing that Salifert was 0.6 too high on their own control it may be that the Hanna check was spot on.

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well officially done with Hanna, they sent me a second set of replacements and.......it's the same lot number they say is bad!!

Also they won't return my emails.

Anyone actually get a good replacement yet??

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back