Chelmon mulleri or Mulleri Butterfly...

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikearoni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mikearoni

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2008
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Location
Miami,FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this fish. It is similar to the copper band butterfly except it has brown or darker vertical stripes instead of yellow and it has a smaller nose. I was reading and they say it is hardier than the copper band, and they are more likely to eat frozen foods. I am thinking about getting him to help control the aiptasia problem I am having. Anyone have any experience with this fish?
 
I found a picture of it

Mulleri
t0711mulleri-1.jpg



Copper band
saltqa200502.jpg
 
good luck finding one. They are few and far between. Supposedly hardier than normal copperbands, but that doesnt mean theiy are hardy. Good luck.
 
Only place I've seen them is the marine center and they sent me the wrong fish :( Imported from Australia only and not very popular in the hobby given their cost relative to the CBB.

Dave
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new