Chemiclean -Vibrant conflict

Discovery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking to see if anyone has experience using Chemiclean while using Vibrant Reef? Have a bad outbreak of turf algae no clean-up crew can contend with. I started dosing with Vibrant 5 weeks ago. Yes, the turf algae is beginning to recede. However, as some reviewers note, I now have a bad cyano outbreak (the kind that partially dissipates overnight and comes back strong under LEDs). I’ve successfully used Chemiclean in another tank but a bit concerned about treating this tank with Chemiclean while also doing Vibrant. It’s a mixed 200g with softies, sps and 6 social fish. Thanks everyone.

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue where I was dosing Vibrant in order to get rid of green algae. However, I had spirulina show up after a couple doses. I originally thought it was cyanobacteria but then I conducted the H2O2 test to make the determination. I then added one dose of Chemiclean to my tank and waited the two days. Conducted the recommended water change. Now the only algae I have growing is coralline and film algae.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back