Chemipure

BJcorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m running 105 gallons total. My phosphates were reading 0.04 although I believe they had to be much higher. Anyway I started off by doing a 5 gallon water change for 4 days totaling 20 gallons. I also put a bag of chemipure elite rated up to 50 gallons in my filter sock. What I’m worried about am I going to kill my sps or any coral in my mixed reed but stripping out the phosphates. They are reading at 0.02 on my Red Sea kit. I never had trouble in the past with phosphates. Although I was getting alittle careless with my feeding habits. Anyone can anyone shed some light on my current situation. I always believed as long as you’re feeding your fish. You’ll always have some phosphates lingering around. I also have read test kits testing for phosphates tend to be wrong.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo what is it your trying to accomplish exactly?

OP
OP
BJcorals

BJcorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soo what is it your trying to accomplish exactly?

Not killing my corals lol. What I am trying to do is take phosphates out but not to fast if that makes sense? Idk if I’m going to fast or if it will be safe if the phosphates actually reach 0

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your po4 is just fine. You should strive for .04 to .1 certainly no less than .04

If you get to absolute zero then yes your corals will most likely die and you run the risk of a dino outbreak.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 29.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back