Chemistry assistance

Bertian84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
We are noticing our coral not growing like they should be and sent a test in just to verify our checkers. The tank is just over a year old and everything looks good, we just have no growth except acans are multiplying. Upon returning from RAP we added a pnw custom frag rack and the reef mat 1200. And of course a bunch of coral. We have since added a booster pump to the 7 stage rodi to boost the pressure of well water. We also changed salt from instant ocean reef crystals to pro reef meersal sea salt. We're not really sure where the metal is being introduced.

Attachments

• Cade2100 - May 18, 2023 (B-lz6wxO).pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 27

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello all,
We are noticing our coral not growing like they should be and sent a test in just to verify our checkers. The tank is just over a year old and everything looks good, we just have no growth except acans are multiplying. Upon returning from RAP we added a pnw custom frag rack and the reef mat 1200. And of course a bunch of coral. We have since added a booster pump to the 7 stage rodi to boost the pressure of well water. We also changed salt from instant ocean reef crystals to pro reef meersal sea salt. We're not really sure where the metal is being introduced.
Many ICP tests will show metal and is often low level and can be from pipes, hose clamps, pump magnets
While some metal is acceptable, triton has a metal remover available- just be sparingly with application if used

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back