Cherry Blossoms - Public Service Announcement

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
15,944
Reaction score
83,684
Location
SW Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back from a trip to Washington DC late last evening. Although I was there to celebrate my daughter's recent engagement, it turns out it was peak bloom time for the cherry blossoms. All the hype about this yearly event is well founded. I didn't have the DSLR with me, so these were taken with my cell phone.

I'm merely posting this as a public service announcement. If you ever get the chance to see this in person, you will not be disappointed. It is truly stunning. Here's a few cell phone shots...









.




 
It is quite impressive. Looks like you were there at a good time. You can't take a picture with out 15 others in the shot on a weekend!
 
Thanks, and yes, it's very impresssive. Timing was Friday right after the rain shower, but I can see what you're referring to. The place was jammed in short order.
 
I walked down and saw them the other day on my lunch break. They are very nice this year! (I work on Independence ave.)
 
I walked down and saw them the other day on my lunch break. They are very nice this year! (I work on Independence ave.)

Heck @ReeferBob, I probably walked right past your building...lol. We walked a lot! What a great break in the day for you to be able to stroll down and look at that scenery!
 
You got lucky. Normally there are so many people I feel like they are going to start spilling into the tidal basin. Strangely enough, even with all the people, it's always pretty relaxing. Side note, I think my best memory down there was while looking at the blossoms, I looked up and saw a bald eagle fly over.
 
Heh, we walked right down that path next to the lake last year before MACNA. Took the whole week prior to see DC. :)
I didn't even recognize what kind of trees they were. I would have never imagined!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new