• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

CHERRY's ACAN GROW OUT!!!!!

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, still waiting on a few payments but I sent money over. Should ship next Thursday for Friday delivery.

Pretty stoked we got a YP10!

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post pics-no worries there

Financial, your mailbox is full, I was wanting to know if you got my PM last week about the prepaid labels you posted ahile back and if those are still available or an option?? It would help in getting the frags from Ty

I'm texting Ty in a bit to see if he has fragged yet and any update

Stay tuned

financialreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the full box. Yes, the labels are available. I just need to know where to send them and to get a phone number to let him know how to use them.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the full box. Yes, the labels are available. I just need to know where to send them and to get a phone number to let him know how to use them.

OMG that is awesome-

I texted him today and he had not fragged them yet, a fellow reefer had his saw and he just got it back. He said he should have a chance to get to it this week and I'll update as I hear back.

I'll PM you his number once we get a little closer-

Allow me to speak for everyone when I say THANKS!!! (or at least myself-:tongue:)

FlowerhornNYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys does anyone know where Reef Up are or how to get in contact with him? We had been neglecting on the SPS group buy. Thanks guys

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see individual shots of the frags both before and after they are chopped as well as the frags that are being cut and kept by the current grower. All we've ever seen are group shots without any detail about the number of polyps on each. It's the least he can give us since he gets his frags early while we have to wait longer because they're being cut.

Sorry, but with almost $1k invested in this growout I want to make sure games aren't being played with our pieces.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see individual shots of the frags both before and after they are chopped as well as the frags that are being cut and kept by the current grower. All we've ever seen are group shots without any detail about the number of polyps on each. It's the least he can give us since he gets his frags early while we have to wait longer because they're being cut.

Sorry, but with almost $1k invested in this growout I want to make sure games aren't being played with our pieces.

I understand how/what you feel but I doubt that will happen and I'll expalin why.

I dont think any ground rules were ever listed, I could be wrong since I did come into this at the 11th hour. Any growouts I have ever been involved as a grower there was clear undestanding as to the expectations from me.

These guidlines were a results of a growout that when down the ******* when one of the growers neglected the frags and they nearly all melted.

Long story short everyone learned from that and going forward the rules are crystal clear.

The biggest reason I dont expect that happening is in all the posts his pics have all been by phone (except for a couple if I am not mistaken), and being he does not have internet and the pic I posted he sent to my cell. I took that pic emailed it to my comcast account, saved it to my PC and then uploaded it to my photobucket acount so I then could use the "img"code to post it in the thread.
:cry:

So we are asking him to take about 40 "before" pics, 40 "after" pics and send those to me via his cell phone so we know "no funny business" is going on.

Maybe he tells us to **** off becuase now we offended him and he decides "F them" and keeps everything-I doubt that would happen but who knows, nobody here knows him or each other for that matter.

I say we get what he ships and write it off as "**** happens" and learn from it-

I still am hopeful all will play out just fine as he did mention how he was a man of his word an integrity seems important to him (THANKFULLY)-time will prove that.

So going forward I will post pic updates at least on a monthly basis and polyp or head count updates as often as needed. If you want pics more often let me know, but there comes a point where its a lot of work to report the same thing.

Ok time to get off the soap box-I'll text him the request if thats what the majority want but my opinion is not to rock the boat

On a postitive note the Yuki will be here Friday and you all can expect pics to be uploaded-
clap.gif

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we should not frag them now and he can get his pieces when the rest of us do.

I don't get why we're rewarding bad behavior by giving him his frags early and paying for him to ship them for us... I'm sure those of you with children get it.

Once a month is greatly appreciated. Thanks for stepping in!

Last edited:

brannock_16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited to get this grow out on track and into someones tank that understands the importance and financial relevance of this undertaking. Great work by everyone on keeping this thread on track and up to date!

I am finally getting excited about this grow out again! :D

Beerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree with everyone in this group. Part of me has no idea why he is getting frags now all because he isn't updating us. He has access to post, he just chooses not to. How about a friends house...library...etc. Anyway, the other side of me just says to cut my losses and be happy they are going to someone else's tank. There, I've said my peace.

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well either way...I feel better once another step have moved forward. I feel like we're in an enless loop here

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reading along all I can say is WOW ...those are some nice acans and worth alot of money good luck to you guys hope his problems get solved so you guys can get your acans I really wanted to see pics of them in your tanks...again good luck and god bless..

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else as stoked as I am about the YP10??? I've been looking for a frag for a while and to be able to add it to the group buy is awesome.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuki10 update

Just a brief and sad update for those curious where the pics are, well FedEx had some snafu and the frag was never deliverd, it actuall never got out of Memphis, TN.
They told me they wood see if they cold get it out here by tomorrow at which I said the odds are likely the coral will be dead but thats the best the had to offer.
A PM was sent to Chestnud and Luv explaining the situation, have not heard any update for the seller.

I'll keep you all updated but for now its nothing positive

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 64 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back