Cheto is not doing to good

  • Thread starter Thread starter Papa
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Papa

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2013
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Cutler Bay , Fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have in my sump in my big tank recently I bought another smaller frag tank 80 gallon with an ecosystem refugeum I took a pice of cheto from the big tanks sump and put it into the smaller tanks sump and its turning white I obviously know that it is dying what em I doing wrong


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
 
K gonna try that ... But I was also thinking there's not that much current running through there can that be it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
 
Did you acclimate it? Chaeto is extremely sensitive to salinity changes. I have to be careful when changing water and watch my ATO or it will start to do what yours is doing.


"Live like tomorrow already happened. Yesterday is only 3 days ahead. Today will be here soon."
 
Well it needs nutrients and it needs light.. If one of those is low it will die... You may have low nutreints in which case the cheato is not needed and will die.
 
Well it needs nutrients and it needs light.. If one of those is low it will die... You may have low nutreints in which case the cheato is not needed and will die.
+1.
 
Would it die immediately from "sterile" water though? To me it just sounds shocked like when you try to transplant flowers into a completely different type of soil.


"Live like tomorrow already happened. Yesterday is only 3 days ahead. Today will be here soon."
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new