Chevron tang tank size?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HK180
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HK180

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2021
Messages
62
Reaction score
46
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a tang person, but the photos of juvenile and adult chervons are stunning. I'm upgrading to a 125-180G system. LA says 180G is a sufficient tank size, but that seems a little cramped to me? How quickly do they grow/transition into adult coloration? How aggressive is it compared to other species? Thanks for the info!
 
Most of the other Ctenochaetus, I would say 4 foot 75-90 is reasonable.

Chevron gets bigger. I agree with 125-180.

BTW a 180 will be a much better tank for aquascaping if you can afford it.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new