Chickened out...

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I test drove over the weekend the most perfect 2014 Jaguar XJL Portfolio I have seen in a long time. Right color, right options, super low mileage, etc, etc. But I chickened out when it came to the deal. He offered it to me for a steal, a full $10k lower than retail. But I am just not ready to part with that much cash for a used car. It even had a full 3 years left on the factory warranty. I did counter with an even more ridiculous offer which he didn't accept or I would have driven home in it. For a minute I was sweating thinking they would take my counter. Part of the problem is I don't want to part with my Charger I love it too much. But it is coming up on 11 years old. I'll most likely keep it no matter what I get but that leaves me with $10k more out of pocket. Oh well back to dreamland.

Who's test-driven what lately?

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We recently test drove a bunch of inexpensive small SUV/crossovers including some of the smaller Jeeps, Subarus, Fords etc. We ended up going with the 2016 Hyundai Tuscon. My car is garaged all winter so we needed a good winter car. So far we love it. The Jaguars are nice....you showed amazing restraint lol.

hyundai_tucson.jpg

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flew down from Iowa to Oklahoma City recently to pickup a 13 Nissan GT-R. Glad I liked the test drive!!! Has 4K miles and Cobb downpipes, midpipes and accessport. Had them pull the black box data before heading down to make sure it wasn't raced hard.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I test drove over the weekend the most perfect 2014 Jaguar XJL Portfolio I have seen in a long time. Right color, right options, super low mileage, etc, etc. But I chickened out when it came to the deal. He offered it to me for a steal, a full $10k lower than retail. But I am just not ready to part with that much cash for a used car. It even had a full 3 years left on the factory warranty. I did counter with an even more ridiculous offer which he didn't accept or I would have driven home in it. For a minute I was sweating thinking they would take my counter. Part of the problem is I don't want to part with my Charger I love it too much. But it is coming up on 11 years old. I'll most likely keep it no matter what I get but that leaves me with $10k more out of pocket. Oh well back to dreamland.

Who's test-driven what lately?
I have the 2014 xf supercharged in white that i bought brand spanken new last year, i am in no way shape or form bustin jaguars bubbles but i traded in my mercedes for it and it was THE worse mistake ive ever made. Theres not even 30,000 miles on it yet and have already tooken it to the shop 8 times. I also live in newyork streetcrack pothole central and suffered with 11 flat tires already. The first month i bought my car it started to stall (obviously at the worse times it could) and have had jaguar go threw the process of driving me out 2 hours away to get a rent a car and payed for everything. They explained the battery died and you cant jump a jaguar with any other road car because the batterys so big. 3 weeks later it happened again and again and again and again. Everytime they told me it was the battery as when they had my car in their custody it never stalled on them (they thought i was crazy). I litterally had to go on facebook and bash jaguarUSA on their page for me to get my car fixed.(finally it was the fuel injection and someother stupid thing). I finally get a letter in the mail last month that they are recalling the fx for the system computer software (the thing they plug into under your steeringwheel to tell them whats wrong). Yes i love my jaguar and no i dont love their service were i live, but comon man for 70 grand is alot for my car that ive had nothing but problems the last year and a half ontop of the 2 othertime i had to go their for electrical problems. I understand things happen but its too much of a problem for me man. If your willing to spend the money on a car longterm i dont think you should get a jag =/

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Save up your nickels and dimes and buy the new Buggati Chiron, just shown tonight on our nightly news....and just launched by Buggati. Touted as being the world's fastest road car. A mere 2.6 million and it's yours!

DSC_4681vrg.0.jpg

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang man. Sorry about that jag experience. That really sucks for an expensive car.

I wonder where and how much insurance runs for that Bugatti. Can't imagine paying 26,000 a year just for registration here.

OP
OP
ReeferBob

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear this all the time about jags (anecdotal) but all of the rating agencies list jag as reliable as the next car. I am sorry you have had issues I am sure they are quite frustrating. I have considered a new 2016 XF since they come with 5/50 warranty including all maintenance and roadside assistance during that period. If that doesn't say we stand behind our product I don't know what does! I like the XJ MUCH better though. I need a BIG car. So a used XJ or a new XF. Hard decision but ultimately I think the XJ will win out. If not, my 2nd choice could be a Lincoln MKZ. Although my local dealer has a new 2015 XF Portfolio with a sticker of $62k that he offered to me for $45k. It was tempting for sure.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back