Chiller Gas Exchange and Termite Fumigation

knutter1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having my house fumigated for termites. I am planning to cover and seal my 25 gallon nano reef tank. I am planning to use a chiller as my ac needs to be turned off. My question is as follows:

Is there any gas exchange directly with the water being cooled? Will the fumigant be toxic to water being cooled or is the airflow/refrigerant etc.. independent of this and water is cooled in a non-gas exchanged manner?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having my house fumigated for termites. I am planning to cover and seal my 25 gallon nano reef tank. I am planning to use a chiller as my ac needs to be turned off. My question is as follows:

Is there any gas exchange directly with the water being cooled? Will the fumigant be toxic to water being cooled or is the airflow/refrigerant etc.. independent of this and water is cooled in a non-gas exchanged manner?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
Your skimmer and the water going over the overflow down your pipes does a gas exchange

OP
OP
K

knutter1212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your skimmer and the water going over the overflow down your pipes does a gas exchange’s
Your skimmer and the water going over the overflow down your pipes does a gas exchange
so the chiller and plumbing will not draw any fumigant into water? I’m turning off my skimmer and air sealing aquarium for 2 days.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chiller itself will not draw any fumes into the water. The way it works is it’s like a mini air conditioner that has a most likely steel coil that Freon runs through and cools down. Then the water runs through a chamber that is in contact with these cold coils transferring the coldness from the coil to the water that’s running around it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back