Chiller problem...

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an activeaqua 1/4 hp chiller and it turns out that it was working normally and out of nowhere one day it started to work poorly in the sense that it measures the temperature well as long as it is not on to cool, once it turns on to cool it lasts a few minutes so that the chiller thermostat indicates that the temperature has dropped and the chiller turns off "when in reality it didn't cool at all because it didn't last long enough to cool" and that's my problem... It's a vicious cycle of turning it on and off because one Every time it turns off, it measures that the real temperature of the tank has risen and turns it on again.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try reprogramming the " temperature deadband setting" first.
Not sure if you can buy parts.
It does have : The warranty term is for one year beginning on the date of purchase .

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an activeaqua 1/4 hp chiller and it turns out that it was working normally and out of nowhere one day it started to work poorly in the sense that it measures the temperature well as long as it is not on to cool, once it turns on to cool it lasts a few minutes so that the chiller thermostat indicates that the temperature has dropped and the chiller turns off "when in reality it didn't cool at all because it didn't last long enough to cool" and that's my problem... It's a vicious cycle of turning it on and off because one Every time it turns off, it measures that the real temperature of the tank has risen and turns it on again.
That would seem to indicate insufficient water flow through the chiller.

OP
OP
K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try reprogramming the " temperature deadband setting" first.
Not sure if you can buy parts.
It does have : The warranty term is for one year beginning on the date of purchase .
The warranty expired but before that the company sent me a replacement temperature probe. I haven't changed it yet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back