Chiller Setup

rezaktp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a stock tank sump in the basement that is not segregated and have been running a 1/3 hp Aqualogic chiller for many years...the sump runs about 1 degree cooler than the 2 display tanks upstairs. The chiller temp is controlled by an APEX, there is a temp probe in the sump and a temp probe in each tank upstairs. the chiller runs on a closed loop within the sump. A few items to consider:
1. Be sure the chiller discharge is not near the sump temp probe that controls the chiller, this will allow the sump water mix.
2. Add a flow sensor connected to the APEX, in the chiller discharge line so that you can get an alarm and shutoff the chiller if your pump fouls up. you can freeze and rupture the chiller this way.

Good luck!

OP
OP
flightmedic

flightmedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a stock tank sump in the basement that is not segregated and have been running a 1/3 hp Aqualogic chiller for many years...the sump runs about 1 degree cooler than the 2 display tanks upstairs. The chiller temp is controlled by an APEX, there is a temp probe in the sump and a temp probe in each tank upstairs. the chiller runs on a closed loop within the sump. A few items to consider:
1. Be sure the chiller discharge is not near the sump temp probe that controls the chiller, this will allow the sump water mix.
2. Add a flow sensor connected to the APEX, in the chiller discharge line so that you can get an alarm and shutoff the chiller if your pump fouls up. you can freeze and rupture the chiller this way.

Good luck!
Good idea. I need to find something that is 220v compatible though, my chiller is 220v.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you need the pump 220v compatible? Are you in Europe?
My chiller has a dedicated pump which runs 24/7/365. I don't like the idea of stagnant water in the circuit which could send hydrogen sulphide back to the system.

OP
OP
flightmedic

flightmedic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you need the pump 220v compatible? Are you in Europe?
My chiller has a dedicated pump which runs 24/7/365. I don't like the idea of stagnant water in the circuit which could send hydrogen sulphide back to the system.
not a pump, i wanted a backup temp controller. the chiller is 220v, no I'm not in Europe.

Back