Chipped glass on bottom right corner

oki2oki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chip on outside bottom right corner. I got this used tank and I thought I ll be able to fix it somehow. Does anyone have any experience using any glass epoxy or something to fix something like this? I was able to find this on Amazon but I never used it. Just wondering if anyone did anything like this and what exactly was used to fix it? Any comments would be appreciated.

Deep Pour Epoxy Resin Kit Crystal Clear Liquid Glass 2 to 4 Inches Plus Food Grade Safe Clear Epoxy Resin, Single Pour, Live Edge, River Tables and Wood Filler- 0.75 Gallon Clear Casting Resin Kit 2:1 https://a.co/d/7c5eWAa

35B31225-9055-4A78-AAE1-921146E74831.jpeg A8D9993E-E545-4A3E-8100-404A354D7AAE.jpeg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try products used for chip repair in windshields. It is usually a U.V. light cured cyanoacrylate. Hopefully you could get it to flow into the chip by capillary action before curing the cyanoacrylate.

OP
OP
O

oki2oki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try products used for chip repair in windshields. It is usually a U.V. light cured cyanoacrylate. Hopefully you could get it to flow into the chip by capillary action before curing the cyanoacrylate.
Thank you for response. Coz this is from 3 sides so I am thinking putting a strong tape on 2 sides and then pour it in 3 side and use a blade to take extra off. After it cures remove tape and then sand and try to make it good as much as I can do so it blades with the glass.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back