- Mar 11, 2016
- Reaction score
I have just gone through the process of bleaching some live rock and I am not happy with the current state of the rock. Rock was soaked for a week in a bleach solution of 10/1 and then put into a bucket with rodi/ seachem prime for 24hrs. The rock was then rinsed in ro/di and is now outside sun drying. After an insane amount of prime (approx 1/3 of the bottle in 3g of water), I can't imagine any chlorine still being on the rock, and yet even after that and being outside for 24hrs I can still faintly smell chlorine on the rock. My question is, approx how long should the rock be outside to completely gas off and if the rock was to go into the tank, can I dose prime to the tank to make sure it's all gone? Can the rock leach chlorine over time even if it was dosed with prime in the tank?