Choati Wrasse experiences

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite fish. I had mine for over a year and I had to sell it when I broke down the tank. The guy I bought it from had it quarantined for a few weeks and made sure it was eating really well before he sold it to me.

Dec-03-2011-Tankpic3.jpg

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the larger female is eating LRS just fine. The smaller picks but definitely would rather have the black worms and pods.

Also moved a small container of sand for them to sleep in.

Started with a half dose of prazi today to see how they react. Seems to be going fine and if I don't see any bad reaction I will add the rest of the dose tomorrow.

IMG_9336.jpg

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after 5 days of prazi we are still doing well. Still really not wanting the frozen food though. Need to work through that because I will not be doing live black worms all the time. At least the display has what seems to be thousands of pods in it now.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it works out! So far so good!

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doing great. One has gotten huge and the other is still the same size. I have a feeling the smaller one has some kind of worms/flukes because I see it rubbing its side daily but none of the other fish show any signs of anything.

Anyway they are both eating LRS Fish Frenzy now.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still doing great. One has gotten huge and the other is still the same size. I have a feeling the smaller one has some kind of worms/flukes because I see it rubbing its side daily but none of the other fish show any signs of anything.

Anyway they are both eating LRS Fish Frenzy now.
Glad to hear!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mike&Terry have a choati I believe. Maybe they can weigh in. Glad they're both eating for you!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mike&Terry have a choati I believe. Maybe they can weigh in. Glad they're both eating for you!
hmmm... The size difference alone could be attributed to dominance hierarchy, but with the flashing, I would be concerned about a parasitic infection.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have these fish man? Wanting to see if anyone’s had longer term success with them.

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have these fish man? Wanting to see if anyone’s had longer term success with them.
Well one ended up dying, pretty sure it was never really healthy. The other I had for 2 years but I was doing maintenance and left the top off and it jumped. Didn’t know what had happened for a few weeks but I found it behind the tank. I would get another but I’m shutting down my tank and moving to a smaller display with no sand.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well one ended up dying, pretty sure it was never really healthy. The other I had for 2 years but I was doing maintenance and left the top off and it jumped. Didn’t know what had happened for a few weeks but I found it behind the tank. I would get another but I’m shutting down my tank and moving to a smaller display with no sand.

Thanks for the fast update! I’d like one but they feel like a big gamble for the money, idk.

OP
OP
BetURWrasse

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do get some order some California black worms to get them eating. NY Aquatics had them eating already but if you have a good contact at LFS you might find them cheaper.

ReefBum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my latest now for about a year and a half. At the beginning it did not eat prepared foods for weeks so I was not optimistic it would survive. But eventually it got on the LRF food I was feeding the tank.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back