CHOCHLATE

Gato 1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CHOCOLATE TANG

2 weeks old new tank, notice today hanging out in the corner with head down. Swimmers up and down the glass, 150-gal tank salt 1.025, temp 77.4, PH 8.2, ORP 323, NH3 O, has been eating good until today.

tang .jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
CHOCOLATE TANG

2 weeks old new tank, notice today hanging out in the corner with head down. Swimmers up and down the glass, 150-gal tank salt 1.025, temp 77.4, PH 8.2, ORP 323, NH3 O, has been eating good until today.

tang .jpg
Not a recommended fish for a new/newer tank and has bacterial issue which has also affected the eyes. Not sure how youre testing but with a tank this new, while possible, I am not convinced on Zero ammonia and would encourage you to take a water sample to a store that does NOT use Api kits and have them test your ammonia and nitrates and compare readings- then you'll know where your levels truly are at
Treatment in a separate quarantine tank will be Seachem Kanaplex and added aeration and focus on water quality

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow Good morning.

the Tang is new to the tank, tank is not new, I overestimated some. well get it resolved and find out what's going on.
There seems to be a fair bit of algae, etc on your tank wall - so that part seems 'ok'. Are there other symptoms - breathing fast, red gills (which can help suggest issues with ammonia) - are other fish also having issues (if not, it's likely not ammonia). I agree with @vetteguy53081 that at least in part there could be a bacterial issue. I would add copper to the antibiotic (in a hospital tank) - if you didn't treat it with copper up front. Usually I wouldn't recommend this - but the fish looks quite ill. If it survives, I would treat with the usual prazipro protocol. I would carefully monitor for any symptoms, issues with remaining fish - and CONSIDER - if they have not been properly quarantined - to do that as well. Hope this helps! Good luck with the tank

OP
OP
G

Gato 1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Did a freshwater bath today. looks like flukes, white looked like flakes were coming off the tang. should have taken pictures but was to focus on the tang. time will tell.

Thanks

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 73 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.6%
Back