Chocolate chip star fish

Droberts0724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any success with a star fish in a reef tank? I have one in my tank for a couple of days now....so far it's just hanging on tbe rocks and glass but after doing research it seems they eat coral. I have emerald crabs that don't eat my coral and they are not considered "reef safe" but have been fine. Anyone have any success with them?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a chocolate chip star many years ago that ate some mushrooms so it got put in my predator tank. That's how I found out the puffers will eat starfish.

Also, I just had to put my emerald crab in my sump because after a year and a half it decided to start eating clove polyps.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had one and it dragged anything that would stick to it and spent too much time on top of my zoas.

OP
OP
Droberts0724

Droberts0724

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a chocolate chip star many years ago that ate some mushrooms so it got put in my predator tank. That's how I found out the puffers will eat starfish.

Also, I just had to put my emerald crab in my sump because after a year and a half it decided to start eating clove polyps.
Oh yes....my crabs ate my clove polyps long ago :( however I have a toadstool leather and another mushroom that's huge growing up my wall of the backnof my tank and a cabbage leather so it better eat nothing!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back