Chocolate Tang Acting Odd

DcoarM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever had a fish swim up and down against the glass all day? At first I thought he was seeing his reflection so I covered up the glass and he went away for the day. Woke up this morning and he is doing the same thing. Any ideas? I don't want to stress him out.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size and flow; this fish will need at least a 6' tank and they do enjoy a good amount of flow. Too small of a tank and too little flow will cause a fish like this to pace as you've described.

OP
OP
DcoarM

DcoarM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a 180. Not 100% on the flow, but I am upgrading to mp's in a little while. I also have sps growing in the tank. Don't think flow is the issue.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180g is a good size tank for that fish and if you have sps flow, that's not this issue either. Those are just the 2 most likely issues with fish like tangs, angels, and triggers that I've seen. Some fish may take a bit to settle into captive living, it may just take a while, but that seems like an appropriate environment.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back