Chocolate Tang Acting Odd

DcoarM

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
164
Reaction score
57
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever had a fish swim up and down against the glass all day? At first I thought he was seeing his reflection so I covered up the glass and he went away for the day. Woke up this morning and he is doing the same thing. Any ideas? I don't want to stress him out.
 
Tank size and flow; this fish will need at least a 6' tank and they do enjoy a good amount of flow. Too small of a tank and too little flow will cause a fish like this to pace as you've described.
 
Tank is a 180. Not 100% on the flow, but I am upgrading to mp's in a little while. I also have sps growing in the tank. Don't think flow is the issue.
 
180g is a good size tank for that fish and if you have sps flow, that's not this issue either. Those are just the 2 most likely issues with fish like tangs, angels, and triggers that I've seen. Some fish may take a bit to settle into captive living, it may just take a while, but that seems like an appropriate environment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new