Choose my next fish!

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 180 gallon reef tank! I want to add to my tank a few more fish inhabitants. What do you recommend?

180 Reef (I prefer soft corals and don't anticipate stony corals so I am a bit flexible on fish that might harm zoe/stony corals)
Current Fish:
Blue hippo tang
Yellow tang
Vortek wrasse / similar to a melanarus
2 clown fish
flame angel
flameback angel
3 blue/green chromis
1 Aptasia eating file fish
Starry Blenny
2 peppermins shrimp
1 fire shrimp
2 green crabs
electric blue crabs
CUC
Corals / BTA (way to many), leather coral, mushrooms, toadstool

Would these work?
Majestic angelfish OR Queen Angel? Would either of them be better for my system and can they live w/ pygmy angelfish?
Sailfin Tang - desjardini or a Blonde Naso tang- could I add a tang now after I already have 2 in my system? Would one do better than the other based on the two I have?
Yellow watchman goby / blue spotted watchman goby (is the blue spotted really that much more aggressive?
Scotts fairy wrasse

I am adding:
2 mandarins a mated pair! (working on my pod population so they will thrive!

fish 2019 2.jpg

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conspicuous Angelfish (Chaetodontoplus conspicillatus)
Conspicuous Angelfish
On Sale
$4,999.99
And at only 5 grand, that puppy's a steal. Forget your kids college fund, forget you have kids....buy that fish! Lol at least it's cheaper than my suggestion.

OP
OP
Neptune 555

Neptune 555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are all just teasing me now! Honestly what fishes to make my tank pop and not kill my shrimp and coral?

fishfish2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the majestic angel and queen angel are not reef compatible. I had one in my reef tank and I had to move it to my Fowlr cause it ate a lot of corals

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a better picture of the full tank to make proper recommendations.

From the tiny picture I would recommend pruning the soft corals and look at getting some encrutsing chalice like the "JF Jelly bean Chalice frags" that are for sale on here in Florida (search on the quoted title).

Fish need space and cover to be happy. A 180 gallon is a big tank but a tiny ocean. Our fish mostly come from the ocean. For color, get a Harlequin tusk (I think I misspelled that but I too lazy to fix it.) Don't add more tangs or any angelfish for at least a year. Watch the fish you do have an figure out which ones are the alpha predator in your tank and based upon aggression in the tank you can consider if you need more. If you feed the ones you have you may already have more than enough for the 180?

No teasing, imagine that from me? :)

How about a gif? :)
Summer GIF

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And at only 5 grand, that puppy's a steal. Forget your kids college fund, forget you have kids....buy that fish! Lol at least it's cheaper than my suggestion.
Wow...where can you send a kid to college for only 5K? Details, please! :p

I vote for an angry goby or two. If you're going to look into your tank, you want to see something that stares back. They're like cats, but less cuddly.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...where can you send a kid to college for only 5K? Details, please! :p

I vote for an angry goby or two. If you're going to look into your tank, you want to see something that stares back. They're like cats, but less cuddly.
In other words, spend money frivolously in general. Again..I was joking (and not teasing by the way)

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back